Looking for a new design to refresh your Facebook Cover photo? Here are five ideas (besides using underwater photos alone) to create something more eye-catching or personal to your business.
1. Promotions (remember to include your call-to-action)
- Advertise a DSD event or a Go Pro night
- Advertise competitions (win free gear, courses or gift vouchers)
- Run exclusive offers – 2-for-1 bookings or special Facebook Fan discounts
PADI’s promotion for the #livetoscuba contest
2. Integrate your profile picture
Create a profile picture as part of your overall Facebook Cover design for a seamless appearance which will complement the overall design.
The Simpons page using a profile picture as part of the main Cover design
3. Announce important milestones
- Reaching a certain number of Facebook Fans?
- Reaching a certain number of years of service?
- Celebrating upgraded PADI status (“Now a Five Star PADI Dive Center”)
PADI’s message after reaching 1 million Facebook Fans
4. Feature real life people
- Diver of the Month
- Photo of the Month
- Instructor Spotlight
- Customer birthdays
Oreo features on of their customers for her birthday
5. Add seasonal variations
- …Winter / Spring / Summer
- …Father’s Day / Mother’s Day
- …Christmas / Easter / Halloween / Valentines
- …Awareness Dates (World Oceans Day, Finathon Month)
Hershey’s Kisses add a fun twist for Halloween
Remember, these are just a few examples to get you started. Aim to keep your Facebook Cover up to date and relevant for your customers by coming up with even more ideas to help make your business stand out from the crowd.