It doesn’t matter if you are a professional diver or a certified diver …as divers we have the passion, the access to the underwater world and the skills to become real ocean advocates!
We are a powerful movement which, through our actions of reporting and collecting valuable data can make the ocean safer for marine life, and more importantly, help inform policy change.
To further mobilize the citizen scientists, Project AWARE in 2016 launched the Adopt A Dive Site™ program.
Adopt A Dive Site is a unique and powerful program to involve dive centers, resorts and leaders around the world in ongoing, local protection and monitoring of local dive sites: participants commit to carry out monthly Dive Against Debris surveys, reporting types and quantities of marine debris found underwater each month from the same location.
To support Adopt a Dive Site participants, Project Aware will provide a full suite of survey tools to help implement their actions, a yearly report on the state of your local dive site and recognition tools for dive centers, resorts and leaders to share their stewardship with local customers and community.
Here are the PADI Pros and Dive centers who have made a commitment to their local dive sites through the Adopt A Dive Site program:
- ADS44 – Abu Dhabi Steel Blocks, Saeed Majed, Abu Dhabi
- ADS170 – House Reef, Natalie Sjostrom, Divers Down, Dubai
- ADS226 – Dibba Rock, The Palms Dive Center, Dubai
- ADS232 – Alga Wreck, Archimede Diving Center, Djerba
- ADS240 – Ricardo Wreck, Archimede Diving Center, Djerba
- ADS241 – Ras Taguermess Rocks, Archimede Diving Center, Djerba
- ADS253 – Sheraton Red Sea Resort, Issam Kanafani, Jeddah
- ADS265 – King Abdullah’s Reef, Marlee Thomas, Camel Dive Center, Jordan
- ADS268 – Dibba Rock, Hassan Khayal, Dubai
- ADS269 – Inchcape 1, Kholousi Khayal, Dubai
- ADS277 – Dream Beach, Muneeb Ur Rehman, Professional Zone, Jeddah
- ADS280 – Snoopy Island, Annie Halloran, The Dive Centre – Dubai
- ADS314 – Shark Island, Hassan Khayal, Dubai
- ADS382 – Dibba Rock, Kayleigh Hyslop, Freestyle Divers, Dubai
- ADS387 – Artificial Reef, Kayleigh Hyslop, Freestyle Divers, Dubai
What are you waiting for? Adopt A Dive Site™