For many, achieving the PADI Divemaster certification is the ultimate dream. It offers the opportunity to travel and dive in some of the most exotic locations around the world, whilst sharing dive knowledge and skills with others one guided dive at a time.
Here are 5 reasons why working as a PADI Divemaster will continue to rock your underwater world.
1. While some jump straight from PADI Divemaster to PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, you may wish to enjoy the long run, take your time and enjoy the ride. As a PADI Divemaster you will strengthen your dive skills and knowledge base, learning from peers at many dive locations around the world.
2. As a PADI Divemaster you have the opportunity to work in various locations around the world including dive resorts, live aboards, private yachts and cruise ships. The role of a PADI Divemaster is a varied one; meeting and greeting customers, socialising and entertaining, organising and supervising diving activities, assisting instructors, conducting some programmes independently, filling cylinders, maybe even helping in the dive shop. A big part of being a PADI Divemaster is leading others on underwater adventures. It is a lifestyle like no other. It is totally unrivalled and you get paid for doing what you love!
3. PADI Divemasters are role models, mentoring and motivating divers everywhere. Seeing the expressions of divers while experiencing the underwater world is something you will not forget.
4. You can participate in Marine Conservation Projects; a great way to get an insider’s view into the issues facing marine ecosystems. As a PADI Divemaster you can choose to get up close and dive with marine animals or conduct research on the underwater environment. Either way this experience is sure to be life changing.
5. Being a PADI Divemaster can open more doors and opportunities. Are you good with your hands? Many Dive Centres find PADI Divemasters who can repair and service regulators, cylinders, and work on compressors extremely useful. Perhaps photography is your talent? Remember, many divers are willing to pay a separate Divemaster to go out and photograph their dives. If you’ve got your Captain’s license or are multilingual you will no doubt be a highly sought after dive professional.
So, what are you waiting for? Jump in and enjoy the PADI Divemaster ride! You might just learn something new.