Selling Scuba as a Festive Gift

give-the-gift

Consumer behaviour and trends show that people increasingly prefer experiences over things. Your business should be capitalising on this by offering scuba diving to new and existing customers. But how?

In the Retailer and Resort Association Digital Marketing Toolkit, there are two sets of assets available to you: Discover Scuba Diving and eLearning. Despite the difference in promotion, the implementation is the same. Decide which promotion best fits your business model and then follow the formula below for a synchronised multi-platform campaign.

  • Alert your customers with an email. Use the specific campaign email header from the toolbox. Make sure your subject line and snippets are written with Open Rate in mind. You want to make sure as many customers as possible open the email and then click through to the specific promotion.
  • Users should be directed from this email to a specific landing page or blog post. Make sure you’ve implemented full width website image and blog post image for consistency.
  • In addition to this, update your social media channels with the optimised imagery. Update your Facebook cover, Facebook posts, Instagram posts and Twitter posts. Keep in mind the “80-20” rule for Facebook social media posts. You want to keep 80% of your posts engaging and fun, with the remaining 20% of posts being sales orientated. Don’t spam your customers with sales.
  • For full integration, use offline materials like posters to promote in-store & in local hot spots.

Digital Toolbox

Before implementing the marketing plan, make sure that the promotion fits with your business. Discover Scuba Diving is perhaps considered more affordable and in line with gift budgets, therefore you’d expect to see a higher uptake. With this in mind, be sure you have your conversion tactics in place. The aim here is not to sell 10 DSD gift vouchers over the festive period. The objective is to sell 10 PADI Open Water Diver courses, using DSD Gift Vouchers as a new diver acquisition tool. Emphasise that the Discover Scuba Diving experience counts towards the full PADI Open Water Diver course and consider taking deposits before even entering the water.

Using eLearning, you will know from the outset that your trainee divers are engaged and willing to take diving further. This will enable you to already sell the Advanced Open Water during Open Water training. The uptake of eLearning may be less than DSD gift vouchers, but the rewards could be greater.

This post is also available in: nl fr de it pl es