In 2015, PADI launched the highly successful PADI Pool Party. But to make the event even more successful, you can combine the PADI Pool Party concept with a “bring a friend” campaign. We call that the “PADI Pool Party – Bring A Friend Combo”.
We know various “combos“ from other sports, like skiing for example, where there’s a combination between downhill and slalom, or in ski acrobatics, where the jump is presented in different combinations.
But what about diving and combinations?
We are all familiar with the existing combinations between the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course and the PADI Specialties, or the combination between the PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience and PADI Scuba Diver / PADI Open Water Diver courses. But there is now an even better combination – what about a PADI Pool Party – Bring A Friend Combo?
The concept is very simple and doesn’t need a lot of preparation.
It is important that you contact all of your customers who have completed a course with you already, and invite them to bring their friends for a try dive. This is called “bring a friend”. You can contact your customers through an EPS (Email Processing System) such as Mailchimp, for example.
Invite them to the PADI Pool Party and offer them the Discover Scuba Diving program with a certain discount. Of course, the amount of discount will depend on the philosophy of the Dive Centre.
Contact your PADI Regional Manager and agree a date on which to conduct your event. Allow enough time to market your Pool Party, so that you can attract the greatest number of guests possible.
In preparation for your Pool Party, PADI will send you an electronic Pool Party marketing kit to help you advertise your event. The kit includes:
- Email Header and Signature banner
- Website Banner
- Facebook Cover graphic
- Facebook Post/Advert graphic
- A3 and A2 print ready, customisable posters
- Electronic and print ready, customisable invitations
You will also receive:
- Discover Scuba Diving Brochures
- PADI branded bunting and PADI branded balloons
- A set of A3 printed posters
- A supply of printed invitations
Your Pool Party can be as fun, exciting and different as you wish. You are only limited by your own imagination!
So that the event becomes a great success, you will need to have highly motivated Staff Members and a strong marketing strategy in place. The events needs to be advertised on all of your social media platforms, published in your newsletters and on your website. You can now also advertise your Discover Scuba Diving Event on the PADI.com Website.
- Always highlight the free benefits available within the Discover Scuba Diving Participant Guide – especially Open Water Diver Online – Section 1
- Have a special offer for those who enroll in a course that day
- Have a designated staff member at the water’s edge that is ready to take signups for the course.
- Create a fun social setting and offer refreshments to encourage your visitors to spend more time with staff after their scuba experience.
- Follow up with all participants who didn’t enroll in the course within two days and extend the special offer to them. Remind them of the great time they had with the “PADI Pool Party – Bring A Friend Combo”.
If you are interested in the “PADI Pool Party – Bring A Friend Combo”, please contact your PADI Regional Manager or the PADI EMEA Regional Headquarters for more information.