Do you already teach tec through another training organisation?
If you have a certification from another training organisation that qualifies as Tec Instructor or higher* and proof that you have taught at least two courses at this level you may qualify to crossover to become a PADI Tec Instructor!
Once you are a PADI Tec Instructor you can teach Tec 40 Diver and Discover Tec courses. You can also apply to become a Tec Sidemount Instructors (providing you meet the other requirements, of course!)
So what do you need to do?
#1 Firstly, you need to meet the pre-requisites:
- Teaching status PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- PADI Enriched Air Instructor
- PADI Deep Diver Instructor
- Tec 45 Diver (or qualifying certification – see chart on http://tecrec.padi.com/instructor-toolbox/ )
- At least 20 logged stage decompression dives in double cylinders
#2 The second step is to complete your Tec Instructor Exam.
To help you crossover we would like to invite you to complete this exam free of charge at an Instructor Examination before 30th June 2015. During the exam you can use your Tec Diver Instructor Guide for reference.
You will need to familiarise yourself with the course before the exam and earn a score of 80% or higher.
#3 Become a PADI Tec Instructor!
Are there any costs? Yes, you will need:
- Tec Diver Instructor Guide and student materials
- Tec Instructor application fee £57.50/€68.00/CHF 83.50 (+vat where applicable)
Important: Course materials are currently only available in English, so you will need to read and understand English well enough to read the manuals and answer the exam questions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the online shop on www.padi.com/mypadi to order.
*Qualifying instructor certifications include:
- BSAC Advanced Nitrox Instructor
- CMAS Advanced Nitrox Instructor
- IANTD Advanced Nitrox Instructor
- IANTD Advanced Recreational Trimix Instructor
- PSAI Advanced Nitrox Instructor
- SSI Advanced Nitrox Instructor
- TDI Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures Instructor