Seeing the concerned and rather worried faces of divers before a DPV (Dive Propulsion Vehicle) dive, is part of the “game”. In contrast to this, seeing the smiles from ear to ear after the dive is just priceless.
PADI in conjunction with BluEmotion have conducted a series of very successful DPV workshops over the last few months. These workshops were powered by SUEX, an Italian manufacturer of reliable and affordable DPV’s, which are distributed and serviced by BluEmotion in the Maldives.
From the north to the south of the Maldives, a total of 13 workshops have been conducted and over 40 new PADI DPV instructors have been trained. Results show that these workshops have been highly successful and have created a new source of revenue for many dive operators.
Testimonies from some workshop participants include:
Manuel Tobolars, General Manager of Dive Butler Maldives:
“We are super pleased with the DPV’s and have in less than two months got our investment back. Staff are also excited as it gives them an alternative option to dive and ways to explore the surrounding reefs”
Hussein Shifau, Dive Centre Manager Bandos Island Resort:
“We weren’t sure in the beginning if we should invest in DPV’s. However we made a move to purchase three machines and haven’t regretted this investment at all. We have issued over 30 DPV certifications at Bandos in less than three months, and we have actually just placed an order for another three units.”
The workshop will be complimentary and will be conducted by PADI Regional Manager Matt Wenger, who will be working with experts from BluEmotion who specialise in the use of DPVs in the Maldives. These workshops are aimed at your PADI staff and will include:
- How to effectively teach this course
- Marketing techniques for increasing certifications
- How to integrate the use of DPVs into your business model
- Pricing strategies
- How to set up and run a DPV wing of your dive business
- Specific details on the Suex DPV and their use
- The opportunity to register as a PADI DPV Centre of Excellence and receive special prices on Suex products in order to facilitate an easy and economical way of integrating this equipment into your existing business
- PADI instructors whom aren’t yet DPV instructors will have the opportunity to be trained, free of charge
If you would like to be included in this project, please send an email to [email protected] so that we can plan the event We will then be in contact with you to confirm specific details of your personalised training.