Cross-selling is a pro-active sales process that aims to provide customers with a full understanding of the products available. It is crucial to every business, and a key aspect of the PADI educational system of diver training. You will see cross-selling all around you – from McDonalds staff asking “would you like fries with that?” to shoe shops selling socks and shoe polish. These are invariably high profit, easy additional sales that can be tagged on to an existing purchase by a customer.
Including cross-selling in your business is an important way to boost course numbers, profit and customer satisfaction.
One of the simplest ways to do this is to ensure that every single course you or your staff offer includes the option to add an Enriched Air Diver course to it. Quite simply, every time someone signs up to a program, ask them “would you like Nitrox with that?”
Why Enriched Air?
We are all familiar with the many benefits of PADI Enriched Air Diver training for the customer, so the benefit to them is obvious.
For the dive centre Enriched Air is an excellent additional course too. Firstly, it is very easy to schedule – it can be conducted as a ‘dry’ course, which means organisation is simple. It is fully supported with student materials allowing for home learning – you can just add a couple of hours extra knowledge development and practical application time to your existing schedule.
This also means that your overheads are easy to anticipate, and therefore your profit on each student is straightforward to calculate.
Let’s do the maths….
If your dive centre teaches 120 entry level and con-ed core courses a year, and you can encourage 50% of these students to complete a PADI Enriched Air Diver course, you’ll generate an extra 60 certifications per annum.
At £80 profit per student, that’s an additional £4800 profit after all overheads are taken into account.
Take a look at your PADI Open Water Diver and PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certifications last year, and review how much additional revenue you would make it 50% of them signed up to Enriched Air Diver. Use the Course Calculator to establish your profit per student, and how much you stand to make!
- Login to the PADI Pros Site and then open the Course Calculator to plan your Enriched Air Diver course pricing.
- Brief every staff member to make sure they understand how the course works, the benefits of Nitrox and to ensure they ask ““would you like Nitrox with that?”
- Take advantage of the special offers on Enriched Air Diver materials to further boost your profitability.
- Use the Enriched Air Diver digital marketing materials to promote the course at every opportunity including:
- Website references alongside all your core courses
- Facebook posts
- Direct emails to previous customers
- Challenge your staff to see who can cross-sell the most Enriched Air Diver courses in a month